Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Transfer (Divergent 0.1) - A Review

Book Description 


Fans of the Divergent series by #1 New York Times bestselling author Veronica Roth will be captivated by "Four: The Transfer," the first of four stories, each between fifty and seventy-five pages long, set in the world of Divergent and told from Tobias's perspective.

In "The Transfer," readers witness Tobias's aptitude test, Choosing Day, and the moment he is given the infamous nickname "Four."



My Review

*SPOILER ALERT*


It was nice to get inside Four's head. To see how he made the decision to transfer to Dauntless. It made me very sad when his father beat him. I teared up a little. 

I don't love Four like some reviews I've read do. I never really cared for him too much. Though he is much better than Tris. He's a more mature and hardcore character than some young adult books I've read and I do like that about him. 

I am very excited to actually read the next short story about Four. I love his inner thoughts.





Favorite Quotes


“My name is Four,” I say. “Call me ‘Stiff’ again and you and I will have a problem.” - Four


“You're the one who has to live with your choice, everyone else will get over it, move on, no matter what you decide. But you never will” - Tori






Even though I think he looks a little old to be playing Four, he sure owns the role and his acting is fitting for the role. Now when I read anything with Four, I see a slightly younger version of Theo James in my head. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Featured Post

50/50 Friday - Favorite/Least Favorite Book Trope

This meme is hosted here and over at Blue Eye Books. What is 50/50 Friday?  Everyone has a favorite and then we also have some...