Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Through the Zombie Glass (White Rabbit Chronicles #2) - Review

Book Description



Zombies stalk the night. Forget blood and brains. These monsters hunger for human souls. Sadly, they've got mine...
Alice Bell has lost so much. Family. Friends. A home. She thought she had nothing else to give. She was wrong.
After a new zombie attack, strange things begin to happen to her. Mirrors come to life, and the whispers of the dead assault her ears. But the worst? A terrible darkness blooms inside her, urging her to do very wicked things.
She's never needed her team of zombie slayers more, but ultra bad-boy Cole Holland, the leader and her boyfriend, suddenly withdraws from her...from everyone. Now, with her best friend Kat at her side, Ali must kill the zombies, uncover Cole's secret and learn to fight the darkness.
But the clock is ticking...and if she fails at a single task, they're all doomed. 





My Review

*SPOILER ALERT*


This was better than the first installment. But sometimes Cole still bothered me a little. He broke up with her but was still all over her. He just rubs me the wrong way. He wouldn't listen to Ali about the visions at all. 

I still love Kat, I'd take her as a best friend any day. She's funny and just brings in a breath of fresh air. My favorite character.

There is a pattern in these novels, they always battle the Hazmats at the end. I'm betting in the final book they end them permanently. Which I wouldn't mind, those jerks need to be put out of business. 
I love how Justin came back into the slayer fold. I really like him. I'm also so glad his sister turned out to be alive. 

I did think the whole Z.A. thing could've been cleared up so easily before the ending of the book. Seriously? That was a bit ridiculous. 

Overall, I would rate this a 4.2 It's really entertaining. I had a hard time even putting it down. So much happened in this book, even a small twist I didn't see coming.

The cover... like where did they dig up that girl? Her face is so square and ugly. I love the cover from the first novel, the third isn't too bad. This though... God just no. I wish I had something to cover it up with.




Favorite Quotes

There are so many good ones to chose from here that I have three.

“Fear of spiders is arachnophobia, and fear of tight spaces is claustrophobia, but fear of Ali Bell is just called logic.” 

“Sometimes, the loneliness probably got to be too much and anyone seemed better than no one.” 

“Do you know the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." 
"Wrong. That's the definition of determination.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment! I love each and every one! Serious note: you are awesome and you matter. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

Featured Post

50/50 Friday - Bookish Gift You'd Most/Least Like to Receive

This meme is hosted by myself and the wonderful Laura from Blue Eye Books . What is 50/50 Friday?  Everyone has a favorite and...