Sunday, November 16, 2014

Beautiful Disaster - A Review


Book Description 


The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate number of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance from the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand. 

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.




My Review

*SPOILER ALERT*




I'm really glad the whole New Adult genre is picking up. It's nice to finally be able to read about characters my own age. It's also nice they aren't as white washed as Young Adult novels (though I do still love my Young Adult).

I love this book! The plot was pretty good. I loved the whole 'Lucky Thirteen' bit. It was clever and I didn't see it coming. I thought the decision to get married was a wee bit rushed. You just shouldn't get married that soon after what had happened to them. Their relationship is like a roller coaster! At first it was hard to deal with.

Nevertheless I enjoyed the back & forth in this book when in most books it tends to irritate me. I loved the fight scenes, they were very entertaining. I almost cried when I thought Travis' brother had died in the fire,
so sad!

I really like America, she is such an amazing friend. I love it at the end where she got angry at Abby about the wedding.

Travis was a little on the overwhelming side. The tattoo with Abby's name so quickly and buying the ring... kind of creepy (in a sweet way). He was also a little too controlling but he was really sweet. You could see his love for Abby.

Abby, I felt badly for her. The terrible past with a father who only cared about money. She was a sweet girl in spite of all that though. I didn't like how she was so willing to take back Travis even after seeing him with Morgan. Just no. I'd love to see if she ended up with any kids later in life with Travis.


No comments:

Post a Comment